What is SEO?
When you are browsing the Internet, do you go till the end? Do you even go beyond the 5th page? Very few of us do. It is a common practice for us, Internet search users, to not click through pages and pages of search results. Blogger SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and is a technique/process that ensures a site ranks higher in search results. You may have the best tech blog in the market but what if you potential customers cannot locate you? This is where SEO comes in.
Why is SEO important?
Do you want your website content to be among the first few that appears during a search? No right? Then of course SEO is important for you!
The concept of SEO has evolved over the years. It no longer revolves around manipulating search engines for rankings but now it focusses more on maximizing user experience or what we commonly call UX. With mobile adoption rates touching the skies, user experience on mobile has become a real hot topic. Our experts have traveled a long road to hone their SEO skills and are equipped with the tools and knowledge to provide you with the best SEO strategies.
How to do blogger SEO?
If you are a blogger, you must have noticed that by default in blogger templates or other third party templates, you are required to optimize the template for search engines. The optimization can consist of optimizing the blog title, Google Webmaster tool verification tag, Bing Webmaster tool verification integration, and lot many more things. The steps for the optimization are given below. Follow them one by one:
- Go to your sidebar menu then click on ‘template’ then click on ‘edit HTML’.
- With CTRL+F locate <Head> .
- Paste below-given code just after the <Head> tag.
- Save it.
You will have to copy this code:
- You will need to provide certain customizations:
- Change ‘GOOGLE VERIFICATION CODE’ (denoted by 1 ) with your google verification code that you will receive from your google webmaster tools.
- Now Change ‘BING VERIFICATION CODE’ (denoted by 2 ) with your Bing verification code that you will receive from your Bing webmaster tools.
- And Change ‘YANDEX VERIFICATION CODE’ (denoted by 3 ) with your YANDEX verification code that you will get from your YANDEX Account.
- Replace the Facebook Insight ID (denoted by 4 ) with your FB admin ID.
- And Replace User Name (denoted by 5 ) with your twitter username.
- Replace GOOGLE+ ID (denoted by 6 ) with your google id.
- Save everything that you have changed.
How to change your blog Headings?
Headings are very important when it comes to SEO. Headings are used to determining the value of a text in a paragraph. In SEO, in most cases, H1 is used in blog titles and H2 in the post titles.
- Visit the template in the menu once again and click on ‘edit HTML’.
- With ‘CTRL+F’ search for H3.
- Change all H3 From CSS to HTML and all 8 or 9 to H2
- Save the changes that you have made.
How to optimize blog comments?
Comments are mandatory for every blog. Comments by people who read your blog provide you with a plethora of suggestions that you can incorporate to improve your blog. With the help of comments, you will also learn the traction that your blog has gained. But there are certain readers that add links as comments in your blog. Such cases might damage the search rankings of your blog. Follow the steps provided below to avoid such cases:
- Go to your menu and click on ‘Template’.
- Click Edit Html.
- Now find the below piece of code by using CTRL+F
- Replace the above code with given code below:
rel=’external nofollow’ expr:href=’data:post.createLinkUrl’
- Make sure to save all the changes that you have made.
What are the other ways to integrate SEO in blogs?
Conduct extensive research on your industry and target market, determining the keywords they search for and how they perform the search.
Customize the strategies as per your specific business needs.
Natural Link Building
Approach link building by ensuring that credible and authoritative resources are the only ones that want to link to your content.
Google takes into account the geographic location of users performing searches to provide the most relevant information. This demands that your business has a strong local SEO presence, and you will have to work towards achieving that!