You might feel out of luck if you forget the pin, password or pattern that you use to lock your phone. Pattern lock is handy as you don’t need to remember the cumbersome numbers or characters combination. Moreover, the pattern lock allows the Android users to choose either the hardest or the easiest pattern of their choice. With the Google security features, you might be worrying and finding the ways to unlock pattern lock on Android.
Fortunately, you can keep yourself away from frustration with the below tricks to unlock pattern lock on Android to get back into your device.
Use factory settings to reset pattern lock
This is the most common method and works in almost every case. But I would like to warn you as it is not going to preserve any data on your phone. If you have already backed up your data on Google account, then performing a factory reset won’t be an issue.
The process varies for different Android phones. First, switch off your phone then perform following steps.
1. Press and hold the power button and volume down rocker (along with the home key, if your phone requires) simultaneously to get Android system Recovery screen. Try different combinations to see which one works for you.
2. Use the volume down/up button to move up and down the screen and then use the power button to select the ‘Recovery mode’ option.
3. Select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option. Then, choose ‘Yes- delete all user data’. Perform reboot to start your device from scratch and setup everything.
This method works with almost all device to unlock pattern lock on Android.
Use your Google account
This is a pretty simple trick to unlock pattern lock on Android. However, if you are stuck with no internet connection and if you have not linked Google account to your phone then follow the below steps:
1. Tap the ‘Forget Pattern’ button, available at the bottom of the screen.
2. Type in the required information to sign in. You will be redirected to Google play.
3. Simply, follow the instructions given there.
4. Google will either send you an email with your unlock pattern, or you can change it right then and there.
Android Device Manager works with almost all new phones
This is the best trick to unlock pattern lock on Android. If you have Google account, you can use any device to access this service.
1. Android device manager allows to make the connection and find your device in the browser. Start by clicking the lock button.
2. You will be then asked to enter a new pattern, pin or password.
3. Enter the new password again to confirm the password, then click the ‘Lock’ button.
These tricks may not work for all phones. But try out one of the above methods before heading to the professional or back to the place from where you bought your phone.